|5. Over the past 10 years, the amount of managed DAF money has increased so much that an additional $10 billion is available to charities. That’s impact!
So, what’s my need for more donor giving data? What can we do if clients have this data in their database and can get a baseline from Fidelity Chartable?
Let’s consider the impact of donors by AGE.
Fidelity Charitable has reported on its donors by these age categories:
- 40 and Under
- 71 +
What we’d want to understand better starts with:
- If Millennials doubled over last five years, how have the other age groups increased?
- Of grants of $10,000 or less, what are the five most popular 1st gift amounts by age?
- What are the five most popular recurring gift amounts by age?
- What are the five most popular one-time gift amounts (bypass 1st gift) by age?
- How was that $7.3B granted by age category?
- How much money was donated into FC DAF accounts in 2019 by age?
- What’s the overall annual account balance by age?
- How did the 26% of outgoing scheduled/recurring grants break down by age?
- How did the source of grants break down by age?
- DAF Direct widget, iPhone app, FC log-in page, other.
- Can we see lifetime grant revenue by age (total giving)?
With this kind of business intelligence as a baseline, each client can look at their own DAF donor giving behavior to see if they too are getting more income from the age groups that are generating the most money and that they are getting more recurring grants, etc.
By the way, Fidelity Charitable has reported there’s another benefit (other than getting your money faster) to signing with them for EFT/ACH electronic transfer of funds. You will receive most of the donors’ names and addresses (some five percent of the donors direct it to be withheld) and you will be told if the grant was initiated through the DAF Direct widget or the iPhone app so you can better communicate with your donors and understand their preferences.